[adegenet-forum] DAPC scatter plot and individual colour by population

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 11:26:06 CEST 2017

Hi there,

I might have missed something, but I think what you get is what one
would expect. I have run through a similar example with a genlight
just to make sure there was nothing fishy.

In short:
# case1: You made a DAPC with 3 clusters; when plotting it you get
three clusters
# case2: If you provide grp = pop(CR_84), which has 6 clusters, then
you get a plot with 6 groups (i.e. colored inertia ellipses, by
default)

Why would you expect 3 groups in the second case?

Lecturer, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College London
Head of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
sites.google.com/site/thibautjombart/
github.com/thibautjombart
Twitter: @TeebzR