[adegenet-forum] Genind object inquiry

Felipe Hernández fhernandeu at uc.cl
Sat Oct 15 19:42:46 CEST 2016

Good afternoon,

Perhaps this's a pretty basic question, but I have been struggling in order
to set the populations which my individuals belong to in my microsat
dataset. In other words, I don't understand how to set the slot 'pop' when
I create a genind object from a csv file that contains all my genetic data.
For example, should I include in my matrix a column containing the
population codes which my individuals belong to (beside all my locus
columns)? Or, should I just include my loci info? I realised if I include
the column with the population codes in my genind object, this is also
considered as a locus, and surely, this's no correct. I assume that solving
this issue, I may appropriately transform my genind object to a genpop
object, which is my next goal to continue with my analyses. Thank you in
advance for your valuable input, thanks!

Regards,
Felipe

--
Felipe Hernández