[adegenet-forum] sPCA - memory exceeded, can run in parallel?

Roman Luštrik roman.lustrik at biolitika.si
Fri Mar 18 11:05:32 CET 2016

Hi,

are you running the code on a 32 bit machine or 64? What OS are you on? When you monitor memory usage, does it exceed machine capacity (in my experience with Windows, system should slowly grinding to a halt)? Are there any error messages you receive?

As for the parallel PCA. Current implementation of `spca` uses `ade4::dudi.pca` and I don't see it mentioned in the docs that it supports parallel execution. In any case, I'm not sure parallel execution would solve the memory problem, unless it's done in parallel sequentially (piece by piece). Perhaps someone else can chip in on this?

Cheers,
Roman

----
In god we trust, all others bring data.