[adegenet-forum] Hackathon coming: post your feature requests
t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 2 14:18:23 CET 2015
We need your input! Time to contribute to free scientific software development by saying what you need!
Some of you may have heard of a Hackathon for Population Genetics coming up, in NESCent (North Carolina) in next March (http://www.nescent.org/cal/calendar_detail_pg.php?id=1130).
The event will focus on improving interoperability between different packages, adapting tools to increasingly large genomic dataset, etc. It will also be the occasion to implement new features in a range of packages, including adegenet.
So this is an opportunity for you to post new feature requests. It is very simple to do so:
1) go to this address: http://sourceforge.net/p/adegenet/tickets/
2) click on 'create a new ticket'
3) fill in the fields of your 'ticket':
- title: quick summary of what you want
- milestone: select 'next release'
- status, owner: leave as default
- in the larger text box, provide a description of the feature requested
4) click on 'save', and that's it!
Of course there is no guarantee on the outcome, but we'll look at each carefully so it is definitely worth a try.
Thanks and all the best
ps: bug reports welcome too, as always
Dr Thibaut Jombart
MRC Centre for Outbreak Analysis and Modelling
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology
Imperial College - School of Public Health
Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, UK
Tel. : 0044 (0)20 7594 3658
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the adegenet-forum