[adegenet-forum] labeling individuals in scatter pot

Nicolas Dussex nicolas.dussex at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 02:50:03 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am doing a DAPC for a dataset that contains 6 populations. Among all my
samples, there are three different morphs and each population contains a
variable mixture of each. What I want to do is to use a different color for
each population (I managed to do it) and use a different type of point for
each sample according to its moprhotype. I have a file that contains this
info ( 1 colomn with either X, W or WR).

I tried using pch as described below, but the labels do not correspond to
the individuals.

dapc1 <- dapc(Z1, n.pca = 10, n.da = 3)
c<-morph_data_6m[,1]
scatter(dapc1, cstar=0,cex=2.5, cell=0, label=NULL, leg =
TRUE,scree.da=FALSE,txt.leg =
c("233","287","418","674","878","957","1085"), *pch=c*)

Would there be a way to assign to each individual a type of point
corresponding to its morphotype? Say point for W, star for X and triangle
for WR.

Thanks for your help!
Nic

--