[adegenet-forum] Keeping track of truenames

Vikram Chhatre crypticlineage at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 20:23:07 CEST 2015

As Zhian pointed out on github (
https://github.com/thibautjombart/adegenet/issues/46), this isn't a bug.
One just needs to tell adegenet what row contains marker names.

mygenind <- import2genind('infile.str', onerowperind=F, row.marknames=1,
n.ind=5, n.loc=10, col.lab=1, col.pop=2, ask=F)

Now the genind object contains actual locus names, not generic ones.

Thanks.
Vikram

>>> http://sites.google.com/site/thibautjombart/
>>> http://sites.google.com/site/therepiproject/