[adegenet-forum] new release(s) of adegenet

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 19 18:02:12 CET 2014

Dear all

as some of you might have noticed, we have just released a new version of adegenet. Well, actually two, but 1.4-0 had a bug we had to correct quickly, so new version is 1.4-1.

Big changes for this new release. The tutorials are no longer distributed as vignettes, but are accessible online from the adegenet website, or using the new command "adegenetTutorial". We have revamped the tutorials, which are now using knitr rather than Sweave (meaning: prettier, and easier to copy/paste command from the pdf into R).

The other big news is that Caitlin and I have been working on a web server for DAPC, which is now part of the package. Type "adegenetServer()", and this will open up a web interface for DAPC. This includes some of the most recent work Caitlin has done on DAPC, like the feature selection procedure or the cross validation.

As always, feedback and contributions welcome.

Happy data analysis!

######################################
Dr Thibaut JOMBART
MRC Centre for Outbreak Analysis and Modelling
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology
Imperial College - School of Public Health
St Mary’s Campus
Norfolk Place
London W2 1PG
United Kingdom