[adegenet-forum] SNP alleles

Caitlin Collins caitiecollins at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 13:36:18 CEST 2014

Hi Andrea,

I'm afraid that without seeing the exact code you used to generate the
results you have presented, it is a bit difficult to say for certain what
the origin of your problem is. So please forgive me if the following
suggestion misses the mark. (If so, can I ask you to reply with the
functions and arguments you used to generate that output?)

I notice you've stated that your original data file is formatted using a
"/" separator. One way of getting the df2genind output format you are
experiencing is by neglecting to inform the df2genind function that you are
using that separator. If you have not done so already, try adding the
argument sep="/" to the list of arguments taken by df2genind. Let me know
if that does the trick. If not, please post back with the code you are
using and we can go from there.

Best,
Caitlin.