[adegenet-forum] Inconsistent DAPC

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 9 12:49:04 CEST 2014

Hello there,

this is because you are using a fixed criteria to decide the group partitioning. This was only designed for simulated data analysis, or cases where one needs to analyse hundreds of datasets.

Best for your to look at the BIC curves (over a couple of iterations) and assess which clustering solution you want to retain.