[adegenet-forum] Importing Z (X) linked data?

Jeffrey DaCosta dacostaj at bu.edu
Fri Jul 4 01:08:52 CEST 2014

I have a structure file for putative Z-linked loci for a set of birds. Since females are the heterogametic sex, they are coded as hemizygous (one allele and one “-9”) whereas males are diploid. The read.structure function seems to ignore females, I’m guessing because each female has a missing allele for all loci. I can recode all individuals as haploid and use df2genind, but does anyone have a different/better solution for getting these data into adegenet for a DAPC?

Thanks for any input,
-Jeff