[adegenet-forum] Change Colors in Colorplot()

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jan 27 13:32:20 CET 2014

Hi there,

thanks for re-posting on the forum.

The sign of scores being arbitrary, there's a bit of tweaking to be made here. For instance:
## using the example in the doc
xy <- expand.grid(1:10,1:10)
df <- data.frame(x=1:100, y=100:1, z=runif(100,0,100))
colorplot(xy,df,cex=10,main="colorplot: toy example") # default version

## tweaking colors by changing the signs
newdf <- df
newdf[,1] <- -newdf[,1]
colorplot(xy,newdf,cex=10,main="colorplot: toy example")

## another tweak
newdf[,2] <- -newdf[,2]
colorplot(xy,newdf,cex=10,main="colorplot: toy example")

## etc.

There's 8 schemes in total for 3 variables. It may be useful to have a function allowing to select a particular scheme, but I've never coded it (simple, but I don't really have time to do this right away).