[adegenet-forum] Error when converting STRUCTURE file to genind

Spencer Bruce goatsrunfaster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 22:09:13 CET 2014

I get the following Error Message when I attempt to convert a STRUCTURE
file to a genind object:

Converting data from a STRUCTURE .stru file to a genind object...

Error in mat[, (ncol(mat) - p + 1):ncol(mat)] :
  only 0's may be mixed with negative subscripts
> traceback()
2: read.structure(file, missing = missing, quiet = quiet, ...)
1: import2genind("Bird.str")

I've looked through the data and everything is in order, this runs fine in
STRUCTURE and I've never had problems importing STRUCTURE files before.

Just for the record this is SNP data in haploid format where G,C,A,T is
coded for as 1,2,3,4 respectively.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Spencer

--