[adegenet-forum] Fwd: Significance of allelic contribution to discriminant functions

Caitlin Collins caitiecollins at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 17:58:56 CEST 2014

Yeah, it's new!

I might as well note, in case you decide only to try a subset of the
methods available:
- Ward's method is most likely to select a very large number of variables
to get the most complete picture
- Single linkage hierarchical clustering will probably select the fewest
- Centroid clustering will probably select a useful middle-ground.

You can always check to see what proportion of the variance is contained in
the subset of variables retained, or you could even try running a DAPC/ PCA
with just those variables to compare the discriminatory power of the entire
set with that of the subset selected.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Caitlin.