[adegenet-forum] 3D sPCA and the use of temporal data

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Feb 14 11:06:31 CET 2013

Dear Sibelle,

yes, I think it makes sense, although you'll probably have a harder time interpreting and plotting the results.

But basically, all you need to do is formulate the spatio-temporal proximities in a proximity matrix (terms >= 0, diagonal =0). Another, more complicated approach would be discretizing the temporal data and have say 'T' time steps with one matrix of proxity each. You'll then have to coordinate 'T' sPCA, which is doable using K-table approaches such as multiple co-inertia or STATIS (all in ade4), but substantially more of a pain.