[adegenet-forum] sPCA: Calculation of spatial autocorrelation for PA data

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Apr 15 16:13:12 CEST 2013

Hello,

Moran's I is computed for binary data as for continuous characters. While developed for continuous traits originally, the index makes perfect sense for binary data. The lag vector is the mean presence over neighbouring sites, and Moran's index is a dot product between presence at sites and these lagged values (divided by the variance).