[adegenet-forum] Using PCA of SPCA in linear models with environmental data.

Hanan Sela dooshra at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 08:34:34 CEST 2012

Hello all
I am trying to estimate the major factors affecting the spatial
distribution of wild wheat genotypes.  I am using a linear model where the
PCA or the SPCA   first and second axis are the dependent variables and the
environmental variables are the predictors. Additionally I am using the
longitude and the latitude as predictors.   Since there is a spatial
reference on the left side of the formula, I was wondering if using SPCA on
the right side will not be a problem.
Thank you
Hanan