[adegenet-forum] Genetic distance and missing data

Muriel Thomasset thomassm at tcd.ie
Fri Dec 14 18:40:31 CET 2012

Dear all,

just starting to use Adegenet and have questions regarding the way missing
data are handled.
On a genpop object, I'm using dist.genpop and the method 4 (roger's genetic
distance). I have missing value (missing="NA") and it's working but I was
wondering how actually this method handle missing value during the
calculation?

In a previous post, it said that dist.genpop  is not designed to calculate
genetic distance at individual level. However if i define each individual
as one population, it's still work but I was wondering if it could actually
affect the genetic distance?

Thanks for any information you might have.

Regards

Muriel

--
Thomasset Muriel