[adegenet-forum] DAPC

Martin Llewellyn llewellynmartin at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 17:46:33 CEST 2011

Hi Thimbaut and adegenet users

Thanks for your help on getting the package running. All working now.

I am attempting a DAPC on a genind object containing no missing data with 264 isolates and 24 microsat loci with the arguement:

dapc <- dapc(obj, pop=NULL, n.pca=NULL, n.da=NULL, scale=TRUE,scale.method=c("sigma"), truenames=TRUE, all.contrib=FALSE,pca.select=c("nbEig"), perc.pca=NULL)

Choose the number PCs to retain (>=1): (I put 2 - 15)

Message returned is:-

Error in svd(X, nu = 0) : infinite or missing values in 'x'
In addition: Warning message:
In .local(x, ...) : Some scaling values are null.
Corresponding alleles are removed.

Any advice most appreciated

Thanks