[adegenet-forum] DAPC on clonal plants

Rebecca Citroen Rebecca.Citroen at rbg.vic.gov.au
Fri Jun 10 01:31:44 CEST 2011

Fantastic!
Thanks muchly.

Warm regards,
Rebecca.

>>> "Jombart, Thibaut" <t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk> 10/06/2011 3:08 AM >>>
Dear Rebecca,

there is no restriction concerning DAPC as to the ploidy of the data. The method also incorporates no-uniform weights for the groups, so that under-represented groups should not be overlooked by the analysis. So uneven number of duplicates should not be a massive problem. Note that this would be a problem in PCA. However, the fact that you actually have 21 unique genotypes necessarily limits the number of genetic clusters that can be (decently) represented in your data; I would not trust results with more than a few groups (say 5, but that's entirely ad hoc).

Otherwise, I can't see any problem a priori with this analysis. And if it makes biological sense, that's surely a good sign...

All the best

Thibaut