[adegenet-forum] Principal coordinate analysis on triangular matrix

Emma Carroll ecar026 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Fri Jun 18 18:28:35 CEST 2010

Hi,
I have triangular matrices of FST values that I've calculated in
GENEPOP v4 and Arlequin that I would like to perform separate
principal coordinate analyses on. I can't find any information on
whether adegenet or ade4 performs these or PCAs on triangular
matrices. GenAlEx performs a tri-distance matrix PCA (by converting
the distance matrix into a covariate matrix)  but as I can't find much
documentation on the underlying methodology I wanted to confirm the
results. Any help would be appreciated,
kind regards
Emma

--