[adegenet-forum] FW: SNP positional information

Emmanuel Paradis Emmanuel.Paradis at mpl.ird.fr
Wed Apr 21 23:09:48 CEST 2010

Joanne,

Your problem is not so easy. One issue is that read.loci() in pegas does
not consider alleles as ordered, ie, A/B and B/A are the same (and B/A
is eventually reordered). I guess this is problematic with your data
because all "sites" are linked. So in your file, if a row is:

A/B A/B A/B

it means that all A's are on one chromosome and all B's are on the other.

I think it is worth for read.loci to have an option controlling whether
some loci are linked, and so treating alleles are ordered. Then a
function would extract the chromosomes of each invididual.

In case you did that, having the SNPs is simple with:

x[seg.sites(x)]

You may have also have a look at other packages dealing with SNP and/or
haplotypes: there are a few on CRAN.

Cheers,

Emmanuel