[adegenet-forum] interpolation in a map

Zhongkui.Luo at csiro.au Zhongkui.Luo at csiro.au
Sun Sep 20 04:07:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

Sorry for the bother. A R problem looks for your suggestion.

I want to draw a figure with filled contour in an irregular map.

But I found that the contours overlap the boundaries of the map, and also some regions in the map were not filled.

I used the following R code:

Map<-readShapeSpatial("data1") # data1, a shapefile, the whole Australian map with boundary.
plot(Map)
data2.li<-interp(data2$x,data2$y,data2$z) #data2, txt file with three columns: x, longitude; y, latitude; z, variable (e.g., rainfall)
filled.contour(data2.li, color=topo.colors, add=TRUE)

Are there any R functions can be used to limit the filled contours just inside the map (no overlap and no blank)?

Do you have any ideas to deal with this problem? Thanks very much for that!

Best,

Zhongkui Luo
PhD candidate
CSIRO Land & Water, Butler Lab.