[adegenet-forum] Connection network choice & error messages

Sofie Vandewoestijne sofie.vandewoestijne at uclouvain.be
Wed Jun 24 17:28:11 CEST 2009

Dear all,

This is my first time working with connection networks, so please be
indulgent...
Some questions:
1) Can anyone recommend some literature discussing the properties,
(dis)advantages etc of the different connection networks available in sPCA?
2) it was recommended that I use the inverse distance connection
network, which then requests several parameters (exponent and min
distance), any suggestions/rules on how to decide on these (by the
way, I entered my data as latitudes and longitudes)?
3) what criteria should be used to decide on the number of axes
selected in the spca object?

Thanks for any constructive input!

Sincerely,
Sofie

Sofie Vandewoestijne
Postdoctoral fellow
Biodiversity Research Centre
Catholic University Louvain
Place Croix du Sud 5
B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Belgium

Tel: 32 (0)10 473454
Fax: 32 (0)10 473490

P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail