[adegenet-forum] adegenet package: Monmonier function data export

James Cheshire james.cheshire at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 25 11:50:45 CET 2008

Dear adegenet users,

When I print the Monmonier object class it only lists the coordinates of the
the first three points in each run as follows:

$call:monmonier(xy = Coordinates, dist = Dist, cn = nbDelaunay, nrun = 20,
    scanthres = TRUE)

      # Object content #
Class:  monmonier
$nrun (number of successive runs):  20
$run1 ... $run20: runs of the algorithm
$threshold (minimum difference between neighbours):  0.4003
$xy: spatial coordinates
$cn: connection network

      # Runs content #
# Run 1
# First direction
Class:  list
$path:
               x        y
Point_1 361546.4 280420.0
Point_2 376145.2 284840.4
Point_3 387056.9 281490.3

Is it possible to print or extract all the coordinates used to plot the
Monmonier boundaries? My reason for doing this is so that I can export them
into a Geographical Information System software package.

Many thanks for your help in advance, it is greatly appreciated.

James Cheshire

PhD Student
University College London