[Traminer-users] Occurence of sequences and time

Zéphyrin Soh zephyrin.soh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 15:56:39 CET 2015

Hi TraMineR users,
I look at TraMineR and I wonder if someone can help me to deal with this
two problems:

1. Subsequence/substring mining: I can find if a sequence contains a
subsequence/substring. But I would like to know the number of occurence
of subsequence/substring in a sequence.
I am interesting in the substring and not subsequence. As I know,
subsequence also consider non consecutive states, but I want to consider
only consecutive states.
For example, in the sequence A-B-A-C-B-A-C-A-B-A, I would like to have 3
as the number of B-A in the sequence.

2. Time: TraMineR consider the time as the time when the event occurs or
when the state is reaches. Am I wrong?
I would like to consider the time spent (duration) in a state. AAs the
duration (in sec. for example) can be a "double"  (e.g., 4.73), is there
any way to mine sequences with states/events duration?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Zéphyrin.