[Traminer-users] pb of memory to compute distance matrix

Alexis Gabadinho alexis.gabadinho at unige.ch
Mon Feb 11 14:38:09 CET 2013

Hi Pierre,

I think this is a lack of memory, a 20000x20000 distance matrix requires
a huge amount of memory.  You can try the "full.matrix=FALSE" option so
that only half of the -symmetric- distance matrix is returned by the
seqdist function. Remember also that having other big objects in your
current R environment, like other distance matrices - uses a part of the
available memory.

Regarding weights, these are defined once when creating a sequence
object with seqdef, and used automatically by seqdplot and other plot
and sequence analysis functions. Please see our freely available article
in the journal of statistical software and help(seqdef) for more details.

All the best,
Alexis