[Traminer-users] longest common substring

Hadrien Commenges hc at parisgeo.cnrs.fr
Sat Mar 17 20:02:01 CET 2012

Hi,

I've a new question. I'd like to get a dissimilarity matrix based on the longest common substring. The longest prefix (computed with seqdist, method=LCS) doesn't work for me because I'd like to compare substrings anywhere in the sequence. And the notion of subsequence (computed with seqdist, method=LCS) doesn't serve my purpose neither. I'd like to compute something like the LCS method but with the stricter notion of substring. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Hadrien