[Traminer-users] Problem creating a sequence object from spell to sts

Anton Perdoncin anton.perdoncin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 16:40:51 CEST 2012

Hello,

This might be a stupid question, but an error message pops up in the
console when I try to create a sequence object :

Erreur :  [!] found one or more spell with starting time<  1

Here is the code:

LA.sts <- seqformat(trajpro, id="IDENT", begin="P_AGDEB", end="P_AGFIN",
status="traj.cs", from="SPELL", to="STS", process=FALSE)

And the summary of the begin and end variables;

summary(trajpro$P_ANDEB)
    Min. 1st Qu.  Median    Mean 3rd Qu.    Max.
    1948    1976    1989    1987    2000    2009
>  summary(trajpro$P_ANFIN)
    Min. 1st Qu.  Median    Mean 3rd Qu.    Max.
    1948    1992    2003    1999    2008    2009

It seems that there is no missing value.

The dataset is Ined Trajectoires et Origines (TeO). I suspect that the problem comes from the way trajectories where coded: when one individual spends less than one year in a particular state, begin and end years are the same. So spell=0...

Am I right? Does it imply that I have to recode the whole dataset?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Anton Perdoncin