[Traminer-users] Adding value labels to graphs

Joel Schwartz joel at joelschwartz.com
Thu Jul 19 18:03:26 CEST 2012

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your suggestion. Your code places a custom title at the top of each individual plot. I'm actually trying to do something different. I want to add on the plot itself the number of subjects within each subcategory of each bar. For example, looking at page 33 of your paper, let's take the graph in the top left ("OD25 (n=87)") as an example. I want to put a number inside each gray rectangle and inside each blue rectangle equal to the number of subjects represented by each of those rectangles (the other rectangles in your plot are too thin to do this, but in my case I have enough room to add numbers to nearly all the sub-categories of my plot).

This webpage will give you an idea of what I'm looking for. It's a different type of plot, but it has value labels inside each section of each bar:
http://kimura.no-ip.org/dokuwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=statistics:stacked-barchart.png

Do you know if that's possible in TraMineR?

Thanks again,
Joel