[Traminer-users] Adding value labels to graphs

Joel Schwartz joel at joelschwartz.com
Thu Jul 19 00:38:27 CEST 2012

Is there a way to add value labels to a TraMineR sequence plot? My client would like each rectangular block of a state distribution plot to be labeled with the number of subjects in that block.

If there's no pre-packaged way to do it, is there a way to extract the coordinates and the numbers of subjects in each rectangular block so that I can write a text() function to add the value labels?

One other thing: In experimenting with adding text manually, I noticed that I could only add text to the right third of the plot. The plot area coordinate values seem to run from 0 to 1 on the y-axis and from -10 to 2 on the x-axis. If I used an x-coordinate less than -2, then no text was added to the plot. Do you know why I couldn't add text to the right side? Also, the x-coordinate values seem a bit odd. Why -12 to 2 (in jumps of 2) for a graph with a sequence length of 7?

Thanks for your help.

Joel