[Traminer-users] how to sort a sequence plot (seqIplot) by more than one variable

Joel Schwartz joel at joelschwartz.com
Mon Jul 16 08:12:03 CEST 2012

I'm a new TraMineR user and just ran into a problem while using the seqIplot function. I'm making a plot of hundreds of sequences. To make it possible to see patterns, I'm trying to sort the sequences by more than one variable. It works as expected when I sort by one variable. But when I try to sort by more than one, I get the exact same result as when I sort by one variable.

Here are the two commands I'm using

# Sort by one variable
seqIplot(df.seq, border=NA, withlegend="right", sortv=df$s09as)

# Sort by two variables
seqIplot(df.seq, border = NA, withlegend="right", sortv=c(df$s09as, df$f09as))

I get the exact same plot either way, and no warnings or errors.

Is there a way to sort by more than one variable?

Thanks for your help.

Best Wishes,
Joel Schwartz