[Traminer-users] Creation of a Sequence Data Object from "TSE" format data

Gilbert Ritschard Gilbert.Ritschard at unige.ch
Thu Aug 9 09:11:36 CEST 2012

Hi Miguel,

The solution for the conversion you want to do is provided in the
TraMineRextras package available from R-Forge:

install.packages("TraMineRextras", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

The function TSE_to_SES() written by Matthias implements the procedure
described in our paper

Ritschard, G., Gabadinho, A., Studer, M. & Müller, N.S. (2009),
"Converting between various sequence representations", In Ras, Z. &
Dardzinska, A. (eds) /Advances in Data Management/. Series: /Studies in
Computational Intelligence/. Volume 223, pp. 155-175. Berlin: Springer.

which you find on the TraMineR web page.

TraMineRextras also has solutions for a few other conversions. See the
ref manual.

Best.
Gilbert