[tlocoh-info] Computing hulls for ancillary data values

Elizabeth Morata liz.morata at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 19:57:31 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am using the T-LoCoH package, along with the enjoyably written tutorial
to examine peregrine falcon home ranges in the Pacific Northwest, and I am
running into some trouble when trying to examine hull metrics using
ancillary speed data to create a behavioral map of where birds are
traveling and perhaps hunting within their home range. When I create an kxy
object I have been specifying the 'anv' argument within the command to a
data frame containing that single variable extracted from the original
uploaded data. Is this correct? Later on when I try to compute hell metrics
based on speed using the 'lhs.anv.add' and then the 'lhs.filter.anv'
command I receive this error:

Error in lhs.filter.anv(SamoaF_ann.lhs.12000, anv.var = Speed) :

and after the colon proceeds to list out each of the values contained
within the Speed variable. I assume I am mis-specifying some argument or
leaving out an important argument, has anyone else created hulls based on
ancillary data other than ellipse eccentricity, NSV and MNLV ?

Thank you for any suggestions/input!

Sincerely,
Liz Morata

--