[tlocoh-info] citation TLoCoH package

Andy Lyons lyons.andy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:43:07 CET 2015

Hi Anna,

Interesting, I've never heard of a publication editor insisting on a
physical place for a software citation. I've also always used the
citation function, I think everyone does because that's what it's
designed for. I checked the citations of several well-developed and
well-supported packages and they all use the same template. You might
push back on the production office and say the URL is the "place".  If
they're stubborn about listing a geographic place, I think the R-Forge
servers / admin are housed at Vienna University of Economics and
Business <http://www.wu.ac.at/> (see logos at bottom of
https://r-forge.r-project.org). But in the digital age that's a really
silly way to cite open-source software. Good luck. Andy