[Tlocoh-info] Query

Bruce Miller batsncats at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 14:56:10 CEST 2013

Hi all,

A general query to those "in the know."
For the last 24 hours I have been searching /*R*/ packages to look at
radio tracking data.
Initially I assumed that creating the X-Y point data and subsequent
mapping and various home range estimators would be straight forward.

It has been > 20 years since I looked at any radio tracking type papers.

I need apparently first to be able to have the critter X-Y points
derived from triangulation and crossing from multiple observer points.
One of which will be a fixed wing aircraft.
The critters are bats so all this data will be collected in the dark and
at fairly rapid speeds.
We will also have ground based receivers and will coordinate times,
angle and crossing/intercepts of signals.
The bats can be traveling 40 km/hr at night so very different than
locating a stationary target during the day.

Will tlocoh or other packages be useful?

After 26 years of living and working in Central America,
Cheers from Central Michigan
Bruce