[StatET-user] problem installing rj or rJava

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 30 21:18:40 CEST 2011

Dear list,

after trying Statet using Rterm I am trying to switch to RJ to be able to see the objects in my workspace etc....

I installed rJava (from Cran) and rj from WalWare to a non standard directory (Z:/Software/R-Packages/Windows).

Additionally I added :

"-Drjava.path=Z:/Software/R-Packages/Windows"

To the VM options ind the JRE register of Run->Run Configurations->R-Console.

Under Windows->Preferences->Statet->R-Environments

I added the same path to User libraries.

However, when I try to run some code I get:

The R package 'rj' is not available, R-StatET tools cannot be initialized.

Both packages (rj and rJava) have, hgowever been sucessfully installed to the designed path.

Any ideas what went wrong? Any suggestions how to dig for the error? I am using WinXP, R.2.12, eclipse 3.6.2 and statet 0.9.2.

Thanks a lot
Jannis