[StatET-user] supporty for roxygen2

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at openanalytics.eu
Wed Jul 27 00:03:03 CEST 2011

On 07/26/2011 10:17 PM, Stephan Wahlbrink wrote:

> Jeroen Ooms wrote [2011-07-24 11:21]:
>> Is there any support for roxygen2 in StatET? Roxygen 2 does not work
>> through 'R CMD roxygen' but should be manually called from R.
>
> will roxygen2 be supported through R CMD in the future?

According to

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/roxygen2/NEWS

it has been removed, but may come back based on feedback:

* some features have been removed, and may or may not (based on your
feedback)
   be reincluded. These include the callgraph roclet, and `R CMD roxygen`,
   which only worked on some systems.

I can't comment on the difficulty of implementing or
maintaining a cross-platform 'R CMD roxygen2', but I
agree it would be nice if it could be reintroduced.

The 'R CMD' part seems only one aspect of roxygen2 support
in StatET, though, as new tags have been introduced as well.

Best,
Tobias