[Sprint-user] SPRINT availability on Mac

Terry Sloan tms at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu May 9 18:28:12 CEST 2013

A SPRINT user asked in March 2013
=================================

I've recently been using parallel multicore computing in R ('snowfall' ,
'multicore')
on my Mac Pro with 12 physical and 24 available cores and would like to
encourage you
to make 'sprint' available for mac if that would be appropriate.

Although there are rumors that 'sprint' is now available for mac, I
can't find it at any CRAN sites.

A member of the SPRINT team replied in March 2013

In relation to your query, the current Sprint release (1.0.4
available here: ​http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/sprint/index.html)
runs on Mac OS X and can provide quite substantial performance benefits
on Mac Pro models with specifications such as yours.

  Terry Sloan                        Email: t.sloan at epcc.ed.ac.uk
  EPCC                               Phone: +44 131 650 5155
                                     WWW  : http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/