[Rspatial-devel] Difficulty installing 'sp' (& as a result everything else).

kevinio at hush.com kevinio at hush.com
Sun Nov 18 22:57:00 CET 2012

Edzer & others,

thanks for the quick response & sorry if signing K caused offense.
I tried install.packages("sp") many times, resetting repos using
options("repos"=c(CRAN="@CRAN@")), trying all the French, German & UK
repos, New Zealand, Ireland (where I'm from), plus several others (in
North & South America). As I've said, I've had no issues installing
recently (bitops, RCurl... I installed classInt around halfways into
my attempts installing sp).
Response invariably is:
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘sp’ is not available
sessionInfo() currently produces:
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
i486-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_IE.utf8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_IE.utf8        LC_COLLATE=en_IE.utf8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=C             LC_MESSAGES=en_IE.utf8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_IE.utf8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C              LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_IE.utf8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] classInt_0.1-19 e1071_1.6-1     class_7.3-2

[1] tcltk_2.11.1 tools_2.11.1
On the off chance that loading RCurl would make any difference, I did
& got the same response as previous, this time from Canada (ON).

Regards,
Kevin.

On Sunday November 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM, "Edzer Pebesma"  wrote:K,

In order to answer something useful, you need to specify exactly the
steps you took, the commands you used, and also tell what
sessionInfo()
gives for you.

Unless your name really is K, I also appreciate signing with names -
we're people on both ends of the line, after all.

Best regards,

On 11/18/2012 10:32 PM, kevinio at hush.com wrote:
> I cannot seem to succeed in installing 'sp' (& therefore anything
that
> depends on it) despite trying more than ten mirrors &
> http://R-Forge.R-project.org from within R. I've tried to install
> classInt & succeeded halfways through these multiple attempts to
> install 'sp'. I'd appreciate even a confirmation that 'sp' is
> installable from any given repos. It's likely something really
> stupidly simple that I am or am not doing, so I would love to rule
out
> that for some reason 'sp' is not accessible (which I suspect is
> extremely unlikely).
>
> Regards & thanks in advance,

Edzer Pebesma
http://www.52north.org/geostatistics      e.pebesma at wwu.de