[Rsiena-help] error installing from matrix package

ya xinxi813 at 126.com
Thu Jul 25 17:25:06 CEST 2013

Dear list,

I have a problem when installing RSiena on UBUNTU 13.04 with the root.

Here is the error massage. Something went wrong with the matrix package.
Could you give me some advice to fix it please? The installation went
well on windows.

<mailto:rsiena-help at lists.r-forge.r-project.org>lgfortran -lm -lquadmath
-L/usr/lib/R/lib -lR
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llapack
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lblas
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgfortran
make: *** [Matrix.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Matrix'
* removing '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Matrix'
/usr/lib/R/bin/Rcmd: 50: /usr/lib/R/etc/Renviron: LANGUAGE: not found
ERROR: dependency 'Matrix' is not available for package 'RSiena'
* removing '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/RSiena'

The downloaded source packages are in
     '/tmp/Rtmpsv9OtD/downloaded_packages'
Warning messages:
1: In install.packages("RSiena") :
   installation of package 'Matrix' had non-zero exit status
2: In install.packages("RSiena") :
   installation of package 'RSiena' had non-zero exit status

Similar error showed when I try to install Matrix package first.

lgfortran -lm -lquadmath -L/usr/lib/R/lib -lR
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llapack
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lblas
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgfortran
make: *** [Matrix.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Matrix'
* removing '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Matrix'

The downloaded source packages are in
     '/tmp/Rtmpsv9OtD/downloaded_packages'
Warning message:
In install.packages("Matrix") :
   installation of package 'Matrix' had non-zero exit status

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

ya