[Rprotobuf-yada] Autoconf help

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jul 13 02:45:36 CEST 2013

On 12 July 2013 at 13:46, Murray Stokely wrote:
| RProtoBuf on FreeBSD doesn't find the protobuf headers even from the standard
| system location /usr/local/include without setting an environment variable or
| command-line flag.
|
| I'm completely ignorant of autoconf.  Does anyone know how best to add
| something to configure.in to tell it to check /usr/local/include in addition to
| wherever it is currently checking that seems to work on Debian/Ubuntu?

I can definitely help you with that.

For approaches uses pkg-config, check RcppGSL or RQuantLib.  For simpler /
mechanical approaches see RPostgreSQL or Rmpi which essentially shell-script
loop over 'suspected' locations.  We can certainly hack that.

More once I'm back in Chicago.

Dirk, still at SFO