[Reddyproc-users] Questions about REddyProc

Mirco Migliavacca mmiglia at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Wed Oct 7 09:29:44 CEST 2015

Dear Heather,

thanks for your email, beside the consideration of Thomas that are all correct, I would also point out that REddyProc is a software for the u* filtering, gap-filling, and partitioning of eddy covariance flux measurements.
Eddy Pro, the software from LiCor is a software designed for the computation and processing of “raw data” collected by eddy covariance systems (i.e. high frequency - 10-20 Hz data collected by ultrasonic anemometer and fast response gas analyzer).
In this sense Eddy Pro and REddyProc are fully complementary as REddyProc needs 30 minutes flux measurements as data input data that are computed by software such as Eddy Pro (or equivalent).
The common processing chain for EC data is: 1) use a software for the calculation of fluxes from raw data (e.g. for example EddyPro, but also EddySoft, EddyRE and many others), 2) afterwards use a series of post processing tools according to the scientific needs. ReddyProc provides some tools for the step 2.
Best regards,
Mirco Migliavacca