[Rcppoctave-user] Cannot load RcppOctave.so onto Mac OS

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 07:21:35 CET 2013

Recompiling Rcpp as needed could work, but this is not a very elegant
solution, and the problem will probably disappear when the next version
of R is released. There has been much discussion on R-SIG-Mac about
Mavericks issues, and I suspect a fix will be included in the next release.

This could be as simple as using gcc/g++ for the compilers instead of
llvm-gcc-4.2/llvm-g++-4.2. Under Mavericks gcc/g++ are aliases for
clang/clang++, and for users of pre-Mavericks releases gcc/g++ can
also be used provided symbolic links are defined as needed.

I don't know what the plans are though.