[Rcppoctave-user] Apple Blues

Renaud Gaujoux renaud at mancala.cbio.uct.ac.za
Fri Nov 1 08:13:26 CET 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dominick Samperi <djsamperi at gmail.com>
Date: 30 October 2013 07:32
Subject: Re: Apple Blues
To: Renaud Gaujoux <renaud at mancala.cbio.uct.ac.za>

A little more searching revealed that llvm-g++
and llvm-gcc are part of LLVM releases 2.9 and
earlier, see...
http://llvm.org/releases/download.html#3.3

It seems like Mac OS X users of R will have to
use a specific toolchain for all apps that need to
link against each other, and this is especially true
for RcppOctave…

And the easiest toolchain to use under Mac OS X is
the one specified by Apple! (Unfortunately this does
not solve the Fortran problem.)