[Rcpp-devel] fatal error: RcppArmadillo.h: No such file or directory

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Oct 27 19:00:03 CET 2020

Binbin,

On 27 October 2020 at 11:35, binbinlu at whu.edu.cn wrote:
| Many thanks for your response. We incorporated the CUDA technique for parallel computations, where NVCC (Nvidia) compiler is required.
|
| We set not to compile this part as default, unless all the conditions are met (like NVCC compiler) when installing the package. It seems that this strategy works for Windows, but not for Debian. Any suggestion on it? Now we cannot submit it to CRAN if the issue cannot be fixed. Many thanks.

Yes, this is commonly done via a tool (and language) called 'autoconf' by
writing a test file called 'configure.ac' that is then turned into by
'autoconf' in a file called 'configure' which is run.

Writing those is not easy at first.

As an alternative you _can_ write a shell script 'configure' (or even a
script in another language, including R).  All this does require some effort
of thought so you should think this through.

As none of this has any direct relationship with whether Rcpp is used or not,
follow-up posts may be better off on r-package-devel (a great list if you're
not subscribed yet) or other venues.

Regards, Dirk

https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org