[Rcpp-devel] Dulmage-Mendelsohn decomposition in R via Rcpp

Mauricio Vargas mvargas at dcc.uchile.cl
Wed Mar 25 05:22:16 CET 2020

Dear community

Dr. Eddelbuettel suggested me to ask here.

I am trying to implement *Dulmage-Mendelsohn decomposition* in R. CSparse
already has a function to do this, and it's not exported in Matrix so I
took the C files and tried to use them in  R.

I decided to sketch this into an R Package with Rcpp:
https://github.com/pachamaltese/dulmagemendelsohn

The final goal is to find a permutation matrix, so that the original matrix
is rearranged into a block diagonal matrix:

matrix_input <- matrix(
c(0,0,7,0,0,
0,0,0,0,3,
5,0,0,1,0,
0,0,2,0,0,
0,1,0,0,0),
ncol = 5, nrow = 5
)

dm_decomposition <- function(matrix_input) {
# the actual decomposition happens here
# ... "MAGIC" ...

# but here is an example output
matrix(
c(0,7,0,0,0,
5,0,1,0,0,
0,2,0,0,0,
0,0,0,0,3,
0,0,0,1,0),
ncol = 5, nrow = 5
)
}

dm_decomposition(matrix_input)

Can you please provide me some guidance to get this working?

I am by no means a C/C++ expert, I just have experience with statistics and
writing R packages.

—————

*Mauricio Vargas Sepúlveda 帕夏*
Do you like Data Science? visit pacha.hk
你爱科学数据专吗?你走pacha.hk