[Rcpp-devel] rcpp compile problem

Gerhard Boenisch boenisch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Tue Jan 28 10:04:22 CET 2020

Hi

I am new to rcpp and am unable to compile code I know works. I must be doing
something stupid.

I am using Windows (10).

I have received the cpp source files for the BHPMF package. We want to make
the package work on the latest version of R.

I am currently using R 3.4.4 (the last version BHPMF works).

I have installed rcpp (install.packages("Rcpp")).
I have installed RTools.
The source files are in J:\TempWork\BHPMF_CRAN_Archive\src
I am using the RTools C++ compiler in C:\Progs\Rtools\mingw_64\bin\c++.exe
When I try to compile, the compiler cannot find file R.h and ends with error
message:

J:\TempWork\BHPMF_CRAN_Archive\src>C:\Progs\Rtools\mingw_64\bin\c++.exe
HPMF_main.cpp

HPMF_main.cpp:11:35: fatal error: R.h: No such file or directory

#include <R.h>      // R functions

                                   ^

compilation terminated.

Can someone please tell me how I can tell the compiler to find R.h and the
other files from the rcpp package?

I  compile from the command prompt. Is this the right way or must I do this
in R?

Have I missed installing something? Have I installed staff in the wrong
order?

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes

Gerhard_________________________boenisch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
<mailto:Gerhard_________________________boenisch at bgc-jena.mpg.de>

Scientific Data Manager

Dr. Gerhard Boenisch                     Phone: +49 3641 576277

MPI für Biogeochemie                   Fax:        +49 3641 577200

Hans-Knoell Str. 10,                         07745 Jena,        Germany

 <http://www.bgc-jena.mpg.de/~boenisch> http://www.bgc-jena.mpg.de/~boenisch