[Rcpp-devel] Why might loadModule() fail?

Jeskynar jeskynar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:26:44 CEST 2020

Hi
I've built mxnet 1.7.0 (from branch v1.7.x) on Windows using Visual Studio
2019 successfully.
I've installed CUDA 10.2 and have a GTX1050 GPU.
Whilst building the R package it compiles the mxnet.dll ok then tests the
package can be loaded from the temporary location.
This calls mxnet/R-pacakge/zzz.R which does this:
library.dynam('libmxnet')
library.dynam('mxnet')
loadModule('mxnet', TRUE)
It fails inside the loadModule.
I'm trying to determine what possible problems might cause that.
Thanks for any tips!
Andrew