[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp 1.0.4.6

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Apr 4 15:48:00 CEST 2020

A Rcpp 1.0.4.6 patch release has been sitting at CRAN in archive/ for two
days, idling. I had one initial upload with broke a test on Windows given
that the major.minor.patch.fix pattern of 1.0.4.6 turns on more tests than
usual which was fixed rightaway. The repaired upload has been sitting there
for two days now, but no change.

Out of my hands now, but you can (once again) get it from the drat repo.

Rcpp 1.0.4.6 contains two fixes each for the two contributed PRs, a PR with
additional Shields<>, plus a PR helping with PKG_LIBS on Windows appearing
with R 4.0.0.  If CRAN release 1.0.4 gives you trouble, try this release via

  install.packages("Rcpp"), repos="https://rcppcore.github.io/drat")

or one of the other commands adding the drat repo followed by the usual
install.packages(), update.packages(), or GUI commands you may use.

Versions 1.0.4.5 and 1.0.4.6 got two full reverse depends runs (details in
the rcpp-logs repo at https://github.com/RcppCore/rcpp-logs in the results/
directory). There appears to be a small amount of "breakage" unrelated to
Rcpp coming from, as best as I can tell, changes in tidyverse packages.

Details about changes are in ChangeLog and NEWS.Rd in the tarball and at the
usual GitHub source repo https://github.com/RcppCore/Rcpp

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org