[Rcpp-devel] installing Rcpp and working a compilation with C++

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Oct 31 14:58:07 CET 2018

On 31 October 2018 at 06:37, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
| OT:
|
| I think this action
|
| >Edited all instances in source.list from ‘bionics’ to ‘trusty’ per
| >recommendation from
| >https://askubuntu.com/questions/0uris-in-your-sources-list>
|
| was an ill-advised mis-interpretation of the solution you reference. The question was asked at a time when bionic did not exist, and the correct interpretation would be to first look for a solution referencing bionic or failing that to take the clue that the existing lines from yuhhour sources mention might need to mention all the trailing terms they pointed out after the distribution keyword... but they might not as these can change between distributions and over the life of a distro.
|
| This is off-topic here... but you can really screw up your system with this mistake so I wanted to warn you and others reading this at least.

Agreed, and I missed that as the original message was somewhat ill-formatted.

In short: don't do that. *Every* Ubuntu release will have R (package r-base,
pulling in r-base-core and a few others) and Rcpp (package r-cran-rcpp).

Learn about Ubuntu using the appropriate forums and tutorials. We help on the
r-sig-debian list (which is for Debian and its derivatives).

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org